The crime prevention title is from local Year 6 students at St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School.
Throughout term 1 the students have worked together in teams and have come up with some terrific messages to assist police in getting some security messages out into the community.
The students have also learnt about taking responsibility to ensure their personal belongings and family property and vehicles are locked up and secure.
Since May 12 we’ve seen the following streets targeted, with police currently investigating the alleged offences.
- Ovens Street, Bundaberg East
- George Street, Bundaberg West
- Malvern Drive, Moore Park Beach
- Wyllie Street, Thabeban
Enter with intent offences
- Cran Street and Scotland Street, Bundaberg East
- Educational facility – Maryborough Street, Bundaberg South
- Educational facility – Frank Gilbert Drive, Thabeban
Stealing from dwelling offences
- Bruce Highway, Apple Tree Creek
- Takalvan Street, Avoca
- Waimarie Street, Bargara
- Scotland Street, Bundaberg East
- Elliott Heads Road, Kepnock
If you have information for police, contact Policelink on 131 444 or provide information using the online form 24hrs per day.
You can report information about crime anonymously to Crime Stoppers, a registered charity and community volunteer organisation, by calling 1800 333 000 or via crimestoppersqld.com.au 24hrs per day.