Police would like to remind motorists of upcoming road closures on Tuesday 25 April 2017 for the ANZAC Day service and parade.
The Dawn Service will commence at 4.28am sharp at the Brisbane Shrine of Remembrance, ANZAC Square, Adelaide Street, Brisbane. Police urge the public to leave themselves sufficient travel time due to the popularity of the service.
The parade will commence at about 10.00am from George Street and will travel via the following roads: George Street, Adelaide Street, Creek Street to disperse between Ann and Elizabeth Streets. The parade will conclude at about 1pm.
Motorists are advised that the road closures will cause traffic congestion and delays. There will also be an increased number of pedestrians that motorists are asked to be aware of. Police and traffic controllers will be in attendance to assist motorists, buses and pedestrians.
Ask yourself: How will I get to this year’s ANZAC Day service and parade? To maximise your enjoyment and reduce the hassles it’s best to take public transport. Parking will be strictly limited in most popular areas and the necessary road and bridge closures will confuse things even more. For more information on services visit Translink or call 13 12 20 anytime.
Motorists can expect delays and traffic congestion at the following ROAD CLOSURES:
Dawn Service 3.30am-7.30am Tuesday 25 April 2017
- 3am to 7.30am: Ann Street between Edward and Queen Streets
- 3am to 7.30am: Edward Street between Ann and Rowes Lane
- 3am to 7.30am: Adelaide Street between George and Wharf Streets
- 3am to 7.30am: Creek Street between Ann and Adelaide Streets
Main Parade 6.30am-3.00pm Tuesday 25 April 2017
- 3am to 3pm: Both Elizabeth Street off ramps from the Riverside Expressway
- 3am to 3pm: Elizabeth Street between William and Creek Streets
- 3am to 3pm: George Street between Ann and Margaret Streets
- 3am to 3pm: William Street between Queen and Margaret Streets
- 3am to 3pm: Albert Street between Adelaide and Charlotte Streets
- 3am to 3pm: Mary Street between George and Albert Streets
- 3am to 3pm: Charlotte Street between George and Albert Streets
- 3am to 3pm: Adelaide Street between North Quay and Wharf Street
- 3am to 3pm: Creek Street between Ann and Elizabeth Streets
- 3am to 3pm: Edward Street between Ann and Charlotte Streets
- 3am to 3pm: Queen Street between William and Wharf Streets
- 3am to 3pm: North Quay between Turbot and Queen Streets
- 3am to 3pm: Burnett Lane between George and Albert Streets
- 3am to 3pm: General traffic lanes on the Victoria Bridge
- 3am to 3pm: Victoria Bridge between Grey and Melbourne Streets
- 3am to 3pm: Isles, Faber Ely, Giffin, Eagle, Edison, Hutton Lanes in the CBD
If you have information for police, contact Policelink on 131 444 or provide information using the online form 24hrs per day.
You can report information about crime anonymously to Crime Stoppers, a registered charity and community volunteer organisation, by calling 1800 333 000 or via crimestoppersqld.com.au 24hrs per day.