Police wish to advise that the northern side of William Street, between Margaret and Alice Streets (opposite 1 William Street), will be permanently fenced off from Wednesday, May 17.
Temporary fencing and concrete barriers will be installed along the roadway on the northern side of William Street from the corner of Alice Street to Margaret Street.
The fencing installation will occur overnight on Tuesday, May 16 from 7pm to 5am Wednesday, May 17.
The footpath closure will now be in effect for the remaining duration of the construction of Queen’s Wharf Brisbane.
Pedestrians are reminded to remain vigilant when crossing streets and to obey pedestrian signals.
Pedestrians are urged to adopt the following safety tips:
- Only cross at traffic lights when a green walking figure appears. Do not begin to cross the road if there is a red figure – flashing or stationary.
- Do not walk on the road to get around blocked sidewalks. Cross to the other side of the road at the nearest traffic lights.
- If there is no signed road crossing within 20 metres, cross by the shortest and safest route such as using a traffic island.
- Avoid being distracted by talking on your phone or listening to music.
- At pedestrian crossings – if there is more than one lane to cross, be sure that all approaching traffic has seen you.
For more information visit www.queenswharfbrisbane.com.au