Eight people have been charged on a number of drug offences following raids conducted across Warwick.
Yesterday officers from the Major and Organised Crime Squad (Rural) Toowoomba and Forest Hill with assistance from Clifton, Warwick, Killarney and Leyburn police executed search warrants on a number of rural properties in Clifton, Nobby and Warwick.
During the raids police seized just under a kilogram of Cannabis, six mobile phones and a long arm rifle.
Those charged included:
- A 35-year-old man charged with one count each of possess dangerous drug, supply dangerous drug, possess child exploitation material, possess utensil and possess things used in drug offence.
- A 20-year-old man charged with possess dangerous drug.
- A 48-year-old man charged with unlawful possession of a firearm.
- A 40-year-old man charged with possess dangerous drug and possess utensil.
- A 23-year-old woman charged with five counts of supply dangerous drugs.
- A 24-year-old man charged with possess dangerous drug, possess utensils and possess things used in drug offence.
- An 18-year-old woman charged with possess dangerous drug, possess utensils and possess things used in drug offence
- A 39-year-old man charged with stealing.
All are due to appear in Warwick Magistrates Court on June 28.
If you have information for police, contact Policelink on 131 444 or provide information using the online form 24hrs per day.
You can report information about crime anonymously to Crime Stoppers, a registered charity and community volunteer organisation, by calling 1800 333 000 or via crimestoppersqld.com.au 24hrs per day.