An open dialogue between ourselves and community members is always beneficial to achieving our goals. However, when commenting on this site, we ask that you follow the below guidelines.
We ask that you do not:
Use this site to report incidents to the Police. If it is an emergency. Call Triple Zero (000). If you have a routine, non urgent matter to report call Policelink on 131 444.
• Post anything that could be considered prejudicial, racist, off-topic, inflammatory, repetitive, vexatious, offensive or otherwise inappropriate.
• Swear. We want everyone to be comfortable visiting here to get the important information we try to provide.
• Harass or make personal attacks against other users. Please be respectful of others and their opinions.
• Speculate or comment on sentencing or legislation. QPS does not write legislation, it only enforces it. And as many of the matters we post about on this page will go before the courts, it is inappropriate to discuss or debate the legislation or potential sentencing related to them.
• Reveal any personal or sensitive information about others on this blog. Divulging any information regarding crimes or their victims can be distressing for them and their family members. Please remember these sensitivities before you post.
• Repost other people’s appeals, requests or offers, or anything else that could be considered spam.
• Link to other sites, any non-government or off-topic page.
Any comment deemed to fit under these definitions will not be published. Users found to be repeatedly engaging in the above activities will be banned from this site.
By following these simple guidelines, you will help make our jobs easier and allow us to focus on keeping the community informed.