May is when police and partnering agencies and organisations campaign and raise awareness about Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Month.
Community members are invited to local events in Bundaberg on May 17 with further details below.
Bookings for the free presentation by Rosie Batty and Dr Brian Sullivan can be made here.
If you’re unable to join us, please visit here to find out about other events occurring around Queensland.
There are also a number of things you can do this month as part of the Not Now Not Ever challenge. Visit here to find out more.
If you or someone you know is experiencing domestic and family violence or would like more information, please contact one of the organisations below:
- In an emergency call the police on 000 (triple zero)
- DVConnect Womensline – phone 1800 811 811 (24 hours, 7 days)
- DVConnect Mensline – phone 1800 600 636 (9am to 12 midnight, 7 days)
- 1800 RESPECT – phone 1800 737 732 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Kids Helpline – phone 1800 551 800 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Elder Abuse Helpline – Queensland phone 1300 651 192, rest of Australia phone (07) 3867 2525 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)
- State-wide Sexual Assault Helpline – phone 1800 010 120 (7.30am to 11.30pm, 7 days)